Study Dentistry in Europe Without An Entrance Exam
“Every tooth in a man's head is more valuable than a diamond.”Miguel de Cervantes
If you are reading this article, then you are probably striving for:
- Changing peoples’ lives by restoring their smiles
- Independent career
- Making a difference in the future of oral health care
- Good salary
Finding the most suitable medical school for you might be pretty challenging. Most medical universities will require you to sit an entrance exam in Biology and/or Chemistry.
However, some universities in Europe can offer you a high-quality education, affordable tuition fees, and admission without an exam. And that’s not all. Your DMD degree will be recognised worldwide!
Table of Contents
- Can I study dentistry without an entrance exam?
- Top 14 dental universities in Europe without entrance exam
- 1. European University In Tbilisi (Georgia)
- 2. Near East University (Cyprus)
- 3. University Of Medicine & Pharmacy Craiova (Romania)
- 4. Grigore T. Popa University Of Medicine (Romania)
- 5. Ovidius University Constanta (Romania)
- 6. Iuliu Hatieganu University Of Medicine And Pharmacy (Romania)
- 7. Medical University Of Lublin (Poland)
- 8. Wroclaw Medical University (Poland)
- 9. Pomeranian Medical University In Szczecin (Poland)
- 10. European University Cyprus (Cyprus)
- 11. Riga Stradins University (Latvia)
- 12. University Of Pecs (Hungary)
- Study dentistry in Europe in English without entrance exams
Can I study dentistry without an entrance exam?
Absolutely, YES! You can study dentistry in Europe without an entrance exam.
Admission requirements do vary depending on different universities. However, every dental school in Europe will want you to have a good command of the English language. You will have to submit either an English language proficiency certificate or sit a simple test to check your level.
Top 14 dental universities in Europe without entrance exam
We have listed the best higher education institutions which offer dental courses entirely taught in English. Usually, dentistry programmes in Europe take 5 or 6 years to complete. Moreover, every university in this list is listed on the World Directory of Medical Schools and recognised by the WHO (World Health Organisation).
After graduating from a dental school in Europe, your DMD degree will be recognised globally. Once you have obtained your dream degree, all you need to do is apply for a license in the country where you desire to practice.
In other words, European DMD degrees are recognised by the UK General Dental Council and Medical Councils worldwide.
Let’s explore your options now!
1. European University In Tbilisi (Georgia)
A fantastic opportunity for you is European University in Tbilisi, where you can study dentistry or medicine without an entrance exam.
The only admission requirements are a high-school diploma and being fluent in English. Here, you can also apply for graduate entry medicine.
What’s more, there are 3 intakes throughout the year in March, October, and December.
The European University in Tbilisi is also one of the few universities that offer you to participate in an exchange programme where your living costs will be covered entirely by the school.
The duration of dental medicine here is also 5 years. Medicine is 6 years. The tuition fees are as follows:
- €4,200 per year
- €5,200 per year
Recently the European University in Tbilisi created a platform where you can take a virtual walk around the campus and have a look inside and outside the building.
Virtual walk: https://eu.edu.ge/eu360/
2. Near East University (Cyprus)
On the third place in our list comes one of the private universities in Cyprus - Near East University. It has it all. Here, you can apply to study dentistry, medicine, pharmacy or veterinary!
The annual cost of dentistry education is €11,600 per year, and the duration is 5 years. Medicine is 6 years, €12,600 per year. Pharmacy and Veterinary are both 5 years and cost €8,600 per year.
This medical school offers an English entry exam for non-native English speakers. The university accepts the following diplomas and exam results as proof of graduation:
- High School Diploma
- International Baccalaureate
- Tawjihi (for Jordanian and Palestinian students)
- Baccalaureate Exam (for Lebanese, Iraqi, and Syrian students)
- Diploma Dabirestan (for Iranian students)
- Higher Secondary Certificate Exam (for Pakistani, Indian, and Bangladesh students)
- WAEC/NECO (for Nigerian students)
- GAOKAO (for Chinese students)
3. University Of Medicine & Pharmacy Craiova (Romania)
Unlike the universities mentioned above, Medical University of Craiova offers a 6-years long dentistry course. The annual cost of dental and general medicine education here is €6000 per academic year.
This dental school accepts only 30 students per year. Yes, the competition is quite a lot. The entry requirements are:
- High school diploma; you must have studied Biology and Chemistry.
- Copy of your English language proficiency certificate from a reputable organisation (for non-native English speakers only)
4. Grigore T. Popa University Of Medicine (Romania)
Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine is continuously improving its educational services. Here you can apply for a 6 years long dentistry programme or medicine. The tuition fees for both courses are €7500 per year.
Each year the university accepts up to 70 applicants for dental medicine. Future students are evaluated based on their high school grades, certificates, and individual accomplishments.
The only admission requirement is for applicants from countries where the official language is not English. They must present a certificate with a minimum B2 level.
5. Ovidius University Constanta (Romania)
Ovidius University is a reputable medical school in Constanta, Romania. Here you can apply for dental or general medicine. Both programmes take 6 years to complete and cost €5000 per academic year.
To be considered for admission to the first year, you must meet the following requirements:
- Pass in Biology and Chemistry in the last three years of your high school education. For UK applicants: pass at A-level Biology and Chemistry.
- Pass a simple English exam. If you are a native English speaker or hold an English language competence certificate from an approved institution, you are exempted from it.
6. Iuliu Hatieganu University Of Medicine And Pharmacy (Romania)
Iuliu Hatieganu University in Cluj issues MD and DMD degrees. The cost of each course is €7,500 per year. Dentistry and medicine are 6 years, while pharmacy is 5 years. This university accepts 50 applicants per academic year for the dental programme.
A high school diploma from a recognised institution in your country of origin is the minimum qualification for applying.
Applicants who are not native English speakers must take an English test at Cluj Medical University.
7. Medical University Of Lublin (Poland)
Here you can study dentistry for 5 years or medicine for 6 years. The tuition fees for medicine are approximately €13,535 per year and around €13,500 per year for dentistry.
If you have studied in a country that belongs to the EU, OECD, or EFTA or have an International or European Baccalaureate, you do not need to take the admission test. Prospective medical and dental students must provide grades from their high school diplomas to be considered.
To apply for the Medical University of Lublin, applicants who have studied in countries outside the European Union, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), or the European Economic Area (EEA) must take a test. The entry exam is based on 100 MCQ in Biology and two of your choice of Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics.
8. Wroclaw Medical University (Poland)
If you wish to apply to Wroclaw Medical University, no admission tests or interviews are necessary. The score and ranking will be based only on your high school graduation grades in the following subjects: Chemistry, Biology-mandatory, and either Physics or Mathematics.
It is required for students whose native language is not English to provide proof of English competence with a B2 certificate.
The annual tuition for dental medicine is €13,000. General medicine is €11,000 per year.
9. Pomeranian Medical University In Szczecin (Poland)
Pomeranian Medical University shines with its unique architecture and quality of education. It has more than 20 years of experience in medical education for international students.
Like most universities in this list, dentistry is 5 years while medicine is 6 years. The tuition fees for the dental medicine programme are €12,000 annually. However, if you choose to study medicine, the cost is €12,000 for years 1-4 and €11,000 for years 5-6.
The school does not need students to take any entrance tests. The Pomeranian Medical University entrance ranking is based only on your high school graduation grades.
10. European University Cyprus (Cyprus)
Another excellent opportunity for you in Cyprus. European University Cyprus has a 5-years dentistry course and a 6-years medicine. The annual tuition for both specialities is €19,000.
This university's admissions criteria are as follows:
- Graduation from high school with good grades
- You must have completed Biology and one of the following courses in addition: Chemistry, Maths, or Physics or pass GCE A' levels
- English proficiency certificate, at least B2 level (for non-native English speakers)
11. Riga Stradins University (Latvia)
According to the 2019 rankings, Riga Stradins University is among the top 500 European universities and 1000 institutions worldwide.
Admission to dentistry, medicine, and pharmacy programmes requires:
- High school diploma
- At least two semesters of Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics each
- Proficiency in English
Like every European university, medicine is studied for 6 years, while dentistry and pharmacy are 5 years. The tuition fees are as follows:
- €14,000 for years 1-2
- €15,000 for years 3-5
- €12,000 per year
- €8,000 for years 1-2
- €9,000 for years 3-5
12. University Of Pecs (Hungary)
The University of Pecs offers dentistry, medicine, and pharmacy programmes. The requirements for applying to each of the three courses differ in specific criteria.
If you want to apply for any of the courses, you need a CV in English, a vaccination card, and an HIV test result.
As long as you have a high school diploma and transcript, you can pursue a career in dentistry or pharmacy without taking any entrance exams. However, if you apply for medicine, you will be required to sit one.
The cost of education is as follows:
- €14,000 per year for a 6-year medical degree
- €14,500 per year for a 5-year degree in dentistry
- €8,400/year for a 5-year pharmacy course
Study dentistry in Europe in English without entrance exams
European medical schools have more flexible entry requirements than those in the UK. You have various options to study medicine or dentistry in Europe without entrance exams.
Our expert student advisors have helped hundreds of prospective students to choose a suitable university and course abroad.
Medlink Students can provide you with:
- Information about student life abroad
- Assistance and guidance on preparing the necessary admissions documents
- On-ground support for all 6 years
About Medlink Students
Leading international recruitment company for medical students in Europe. British Council certified. 10+ years of experience and more than 10,000 students advised.