Which European Country is Best for Studying Dentistry?
Table of Contents
- 1 Criteria to Help You Choose Where to Study Dentistry in Europe
- 2 Academic Reputation
- 3 Affordability of Dental Schools in Europe
- 4 Student Satisfaction
- 5 Admission Requirements for Dental Universities in Europe
- 6 Employability for Dentistry
- 7 Internationalisation of Dental Programmes in Europe
- 8 Research Productivity When Studying Dentistry in Europe
- 9 Conclusion
Criteria to Help You Choose Where to Study Dentistry in Europe
The demand for dental care is higher than ever before. If you want to learn what are the best destinations to kickstart your successful career in dentistry, then this article is perfect for you.
When it comes to which European country is best for dentistry, students have an abundance of options to choose from. The continent offers a rich choice of accredited world-class universities, each with its own advantages and nuances. However, since there are so many options, choosing the right destination for your studies can be a difficult and exhausting task.
Luckily for you, in this article, we have prepared the most important criteria to help you choose where to study dentistry in Europe. By considering factors such as affordability, academic reputation, and student satisfaction, you can narrow down your options and make an informed decision that aligns with your personal career goals.
When it comes to choosing the right higher education institution for dentistry, reputation is a crucial factor that can make or break your future career prospects. A university with high academic standing can lend you credibility and propel you toward success in the dental industry. Therefore, it's crucial to properly research each establishment you apply to in order to ensure that you receive a high-quality education from a reputable establishment.
Look for universities that are accredited and recognised by international organisations. You can check with FAIMER (Foundation for Advancement of Medical Education and Research), ADEE (Association for Dental Education in Europe), EDC (European Dental Council), and several others. Additionally, consider institutions with a proven track record of producing successful dental professionals as an indicator of the level of expertise of the faculty and the quality of education you can expect.
Here are a couple of examples of universities that are internationally recognised as some of the best in Europe for dentistry:
- Charles University in the Czech Republic is one of the oldest, largest and most respected higher education institutions in Europe. It has several campuses that offer high-quality dental programmes in English.
- Pavol Jozef Safarik University (UPJS) is an outstanding university with state-of-the-art facilities and a modern approach to dental education. It is located in Košice, one of Slovakia's most charming cities.
Affordability of Dental Schools in Europe
Affordability is an essential factor to consider when choosing a European country for your dental education. Tuition fees and living expenses can vary significantly depending on the university, country, and even the city you'll be studying in. Some countries may offer more affordable tuition fees, but they might have higher living expenses, while for others, the opposite may apply. Luckily for you, we've already crunched the numbers! Here are the best European dental schools with affordable tuition fees and living expenses:
|Medical University||Annual Tuition Fee||Average Monthly Living Costs|
|European University in Tbilisi, Georgia||€4250||~€550-€800|
|University of Siena in Italy||€4500||~€500-800|
|University of Belgrade in Serbia||€5000||~€600-€800|
|Nicolae Testemitanu State University Of Medicine And Pharmacy in Moldova||€6000||~€600|
|University of Medicine and Pharmacy Craiova in Romania||€6000||~€500-600|
|University of Novi Sad in Serbia||€6500||~€550-€800|
|Tbilisi State Medical University in Georgia||€6700||~€550-€800|
The best part is that even though these are among the most affordable universities for dentistry in Europe, they are all highly accredited with recognition from many prestigious establishments from around the world. You will receive a world-class dental education at these institutes and earn an internationally recognised dental diploma upon graduation.
The quality of student life is important for success as a dental student. To make sure you have a good experience, check how happy current and past students are with their dentistry programmes in different European countries. Look for universities with a healthy and supportive learning environment, good facilities, and modern technology. You should also consider the culture and social scene of each country and university to make sure you'll enjoy your time there.
A good note to take into consideration is that opinions may be subjective, and each student goes through a unique experience. Additionally, keep in mind that not every review you read online may be legitimate.
If you would like to hear a well-informed and unfiltered opinion about a university you're interested in, our expert advisors at Medlink Students are knowledgeable and up-to-date with the higher education institutions in Europe. Sign up for a free consultation, and we will guide you toward making an informed decision and choosing the right dental school for you.
Admission Requirements for Dental Universities in Europe
Each country and university has its own admission process that students need to go through in order to be accepted into their dental programmes. These requirements can include things like good grades, English language proficiency, good performance in the entrance exams, and suitable interpersonal skills.
It's essential to compare the admission requirements of different dental schools in Europe to make sure you meet the criteria for acceptance. Some students may prefer going through a challenging and competitive admission process, while others would instead go through a simple one so that they can prepare for their respective studies. Pick a country that has a dentistry course that matches your qualifications and preferences.
For the latter group of students, we have prepared a list of 3 European countries with excellent universities that don't hold entrance exams. Instead, prospective students only need to submit proof of good grades in high school and demonstrate English proficiency.
Consider applying to these higher education institutions if you would rather skip sitting an entry examination:
1. Riga Stradins University, a prestigious institution located in Riga, the capital of Latvia. You can expect to receive an excellent dental education from renowned experts in the field here.
1. European University Cyprus is an accredited establishment with a fantastic academic reputation, international recognition, and many noteworthy awards.
2. Near East University, a highly esteemed institution that is known for its modern facilities and experienced and dedicated faculty.
1. The University of Medicine and Pharmacy Craiova is a reputable university with a long history of academic excellence and innovation.
2. Grigore T. Popa University of Medicine and Pharmacy, a highly-respected establishment with a first-rate dentistry programme in English.
Employability for Dentistry
Did you know that according to the American Dentist Association, being a dentist has risen to the top 10 most desirable professions*. This is thanks to the excellent job security, high employment rate, high median salaries and great work-life balance. Dentists are a crucial and irreplaceable part of our society, and employability isn't an issue.
However, factors you can consider when choosing which European country to study dentistry abroad include whether you are given the opportunity to build your professional network while studying, as well as the median salary compared to the living costs. It is important to note that where you graduate isn't necessarily where you might decide to establish yourself as a professional dental practitioner.
Internationalisation of Dental Programmes in Europe
Studying in a well-connected university with a diverse learning environment can significantly enhance your academic experience. Look for dentistry courses that offer international student exchange programmes, research opportunities, and partnerships with other institutions around the world. These programmes can provide you with exposure to diverse perspectives, skills, and knowledge that will help you build a professional network that extends beyond borders.
Here are several outstanding universities that will prepare you for a successful career in dentistry in our globalised world:
- Comenius University (CU) in Bratislava is one of the most respected establishments in the country and the entirety of Europe. The university has a strong commitment to providing world-class education, conducting innovative research, and establishing international partnerships.
- The European University in Cyprus may already sound familiar to you since you don't need to sit an entrance exam for it! The university has a dedicated career centre, which can help you build your personal international network, allowing you to secure your career prospects from early on.
Research Productivity When Studying Dentistry in Europe
When it comes to advancing the field of dentistry, research plays a crucial role. Research opportunities provide students with the chance to engage in cutting-edge projects, which can have a significant impact on the field and their respective careers. It's vital to assess the research productivity of different universities and dentistry programmes across Europe to ensure that you receive a comprehensive dental education.
Consider the volume and impact of published research papers and partnerships with industry and government organisations. Look for universities that offer students opportunities to participate in research activities and publish their work in reputable journals. Additionally, make sure to evaluate the quality and availability of the universities' facilities and equipment, which can greatly affect the scope and quality of your work in the field.
- The Semmelweis University Of Medicine is a well-respected, research-focused higher education establishment in Budapest, Hungary. It offers an excellent dental course in English with plenty of career, research and network-building prospects.
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland, is one of the oldest universities in Europe. It has a long tradition of producing outstanding alumni as well as conducting valuable research.
The process of deciding where to study dentistry in Europe in English is difficult and time-consuming. It involves careful consideration of multiple factors, such as academic reputation, cost, student satisfaction, admission requirements, networking, research and career prospects. In order to make a truly informed choice, you should do extensive reading, seek advice from experts and peers, and carefully consider your academic and personal needs.
You need to weigh the advantages of each country and choose a destination that aligns with your values, ambitions, and potential. With a balanced focus on academic excellence and personal development, you can establish a strong foundation for a rewarding and meaningful career in an outstanding profession.
About Medlink Students
Leading international recruitment company for medical students in Europe. British Council certified. 10+ years of experience and more than 10,000 students advised.
Leave a Reply